This little recipe seriously just changed my life. I’d like to tell you that this is the first one I made but the truth is that I made it a few times before I had the self restraint to photograph it before eating 3/4 of the cake. Oops! Something is just coming over me! Food like this needs to be in my mouth! Wait, food like this needs to be in your mouth! Especially since it’s ONLY about 150 calories! SCORE!
Heavenly Healthy Cake for One
(adapted from Chocolate Covered Katie, she does amazing work!)
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour (you can use any flour you wish)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 stevia packet or one dropper full of Stevia drops (5′ish drops)
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened applesauce
- 3 tablespoons milk of choice
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
Mix all the dry ingredients together. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix away. Then, pop it in a ramekin sprayed with cooking spray if you don’t want to eat it in your mixing dish and want eat it on a plate like I did. (or you can eat it in the mug, I don’t judge) Pop it in the microwave for about 1:30-2:00 minutes. Take out and let cool. You can pop it out after it has cooled and top it with ‘frosting’ & SPRINKLES like I did!
- 1 ugly way overripe banana
- 2 tbsp of cocoa powder
- 3-5 tbsp of skim milk (enough to let it really groove in the blender)
- 1 dropper full of stevia drops
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp of Xanthan gum to thicken it up!
Put all of the ingredients (except the xanthan gum) in the blender and go to town! After it is blended really well, add the xanthan gum to thicken it up! It makes a good amount of ‘frosting’ use some of it on your cake. Use some of it on the cake you’ll make tomorrow! Don’t forget the SPRINKLES! Enjoy!