Can it be? Yes, you read it correctly, buffalo chicken hummus!
It is missing the chicken but has all the burning flavor of buffalo wings! Woooo, call the fire department! …..Especially all you single ladies! 😉
I originally made this recipe for my husband because he likes his buffalo chicken wings more than beer likes football. He likes it hot and likes to feel the burn! So burn is what I gave him…. Don’t worry, I cooled it down quite a bit for all of you, just because I like you, and I want you to be able to taste for the next two weeks.
Buffalo Chicken Hummus
- 15 oz. can of drained chickpeas (I wash them too, because I’m OCD) -save a smidge of the ‘water’
- 1-2 cloves garlic, chopped or thrown in the food processor first
- 2 TBSP tahini **
- 1 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 1 TBSP lime juice (you can use lemon too)
- 1 TBSP of buffalo chicken sauce
- 1 tsp Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipotle blend (not a must, I just had it on hand so thought I’d throw it in)
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- What went down: Drop the garlic into the food processor or blender and make sure it chopped very small, you don’t want to bite on raw garlic (or maybe you do? what do I know?) Then, add the tahini paste and washed chick peas and process away, stream in the olive oil and lime juice. If it isn’t the texture you like yet, you may want to add some of the chick pea water to help it blend. Add the spices and buffalo chicken sauce.
*Husband’s hummus has a heaping 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper, 2 tsp of the Mrs. Dash Chipotle blend, and 2 TBSP of the buffalo chicken sauce. I’m telling you, a heaping 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper will light your fire if you are wanting to call the fire department!!! 😉
After the love created recipe for hummus, I bet he now feels more included in my carrot eating rituals that take place every day (after school August-May). He claims that it is ‘even better than the other stuff’. He means the hummus I usually bought, up until I decided it was way too expensive for what I was getting, plus I want to be Mrs. Susie Homemaker! All for the love of the husband…
Question: Do you like it hot? ha! I’m talking about food! 😉 What is your favorite ‘hot’ food?