Happy Day everyone! 🙂 I’m feeling good today! I’ve decided to do my first technical circuit since, ….well, awhile ago (let’s not mention how long). We will see how this works out, I know you’ll be waiting on pins and needles to see how I feel tomorrow which is the true test for a new workout. Hopefully I feel the burn.
Also, if you haven’t already, check out ‘getting to know the girl‘, I let you into my shoe closet……. On to sweeter things.
Coconut Pineapple Vegan Banana Bread
I’m sure that Joy the baker is proud. I make this pretty much every week. No, I’m not vegan but the bread is good. So, I make it. Simple as that. 🙂
So, here is what went down…
I start with three very overripe bananas, almost rotten. They make the bread sweeter. I know it’s weird but I like to see the brown banana pieces once the bread is baked.
Here are the wet ingredients: bananas, sugar, crushed pineapple, and applesauce. Mix them together really well before you add the dry because you won’t want to over work that and get tough bread.
Whole wheat flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, and salt.
After you have folded in the coconut. Pour into loaf pan and bake!
Mix together all of the following ingredients really well….
- 2 or 3 large ripe bananas (I always use 3 *very* over ripe)
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1/4 c crushed pineapple, drain (I always use name brand Dole, it makes a huge difference. I hate to admit that….)
- 1/4 c applesauce (it calls for oil but I do applesauce to make it healthier)
- 1 c whole wheat white flour
- 1 c whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon (I usually go overboard with cinnamon. Love it!)
- pinch of ginger, allspice
- After all of that, fold in 1/2 c shredded coconut (I use less…)
I made this for my mom and she said “With a name like coconut pineapple vegan banana bread it has to be hard to make.” I reply, “Oh mom.” ….because it is not hard to make at all. I promise. Cross my heart…. You only dirty two bowls and a whisk.
Question: Is there something that is on your baking schedule every week? (almost every week) -OR- Have you circuit trained?