Happy 4th of July!
As promised, I made a Stars & Stipes Margarita for the best readers around! 🙂 (that’s all of you!)
Low(er) calorie margarita!
In a blender, mix all of the following ingredients for a low(er) calorie margarita than the mix and it is rockin’! Please try it; for you, not for me. (that is if you are that magic number of 21 or older.)I want YOU to enjoy this. It changed my life, at least the nights I decide to drink margaritas….
- Shot of Each
- Tequila (or a smidge more, no one is watching!) 🙂
- Triple Sec
- Pineapple Juice, more if you like it sweet (3ish)
- Lime Juice
- 1 tsp of sugar free lemon-aid mix (Crystal- Light, I used the cheap brand)
- 1 egg white, or egg substitute if an egg white creeps you out
- This is *THE BEST* tip I’ve ever gotten when it comes to cocktails! This egg white makes it SUPER FROTHY! …My male hairdresser shared this with me while he was practicing my wedding hair….Note: Leave out if you are making a margarita on the rocks.
- ICE- lots is how much I use, it depends how thick you like your margaritas. I used at least 20 ice cubes. I go overboard…
- Add glasses to freezer for at least 30 minutes, I went on a run while they were in the freezer. This IS important, it will help reduce the mixing of the colors… and flavors if you added the Sugar Free drink mixes…
- Finally, layer them to turn them into a Stars & Stripes margarita!
- Thank Julie for the low(er) calorie drink. This last step is optional 🙂
Here I am, excited for my Stars & Stripes margarita after my run last night! Please excuse the hair, bad make-up, and sweat. Why am I posting this picture again?!?
I am still getting awesome feedback on ‘You’ve GOT to be kidding me’…. and for each comment I get, I am thankful. You are all awesome! 🙂
Happy 4th of July everyone! God Bless America …and…. America Bless God! Have a fun day and be sure to be thankful!
Question: What are you doing today?
What is your celebratory drink of choice?!?!