I’m doing something new…. “Try it Tuesday” is what I’m calling today.
I have something I’m going to try to do this Tuesday. I’m also challenging you to try it to! ….Hence the name. I’m so clever, aren’t I? What am I going to try you may ask….. Well, it is something simple.
I’m going to try to brighten someones day! (as many someones as I can!)
I’m going to spread the love and go out of my way to be kind!
And, I’m going to challenge you to give “Try it Tuesday” a whirl! Will you make a conscious effort to be kind and make someone smile? ….Will you?
What got these wheels turning?: Situation 1– I was out and about and I saw someone whose children were incredible! So kind, well mannered, at cute. I should have stopped that mom just to tell her how awesome her kids were. But, sadly, I didn’t. I didn’t want to throw a kink into her already hectic schedule. Situation 2-I was shopping the other day and saw a women with the cutest purse! I wanted to chase her down the grocery store isle just to tell her it was cute. Then, I thought that would seem a little crazy to talk to someone random… I’ve reflected on moments like that; when I don’t want to put myself out there to give someone a compliment or share a kind word.
I usually speak up and am fearless but, there are times where I keep my mouth shut or just keep on with my daily life when I could share a kind word to brighten someones day. Why? I don’t want to bother them, I don’t want them to think I’m a crazy lady or something, and usually I just don’t want to draw attention to myself. So, I am going to be sure that I intentionally brighten someones day.
I know that when someone gives me a compliment or goes out of their way to be nice, it resonates with me. It makes me feel awesome; and in turn I usually do something to help someone else’s day better. Today, I’m making a point and I’m going to get the ball rolling! Today is probably going to be a little tough for me, (maybe I’ll open up about it later) and I want a happy heart when things are tough and maybe karma will smile at me today! 🙂
Plan of attack ideas:
- Tell someone their outfit is cute (hair, necklace, or just look great in general)
- Share a (clean) joke
- Listen and give positive feedback
- Tell someone that they did a great job doing something
- Tell someone to ‘have a happy day’…. Smile and genuinely mean it! 🙂
- Offer to do a task that will lighten someones heavy load
- Call someone who may need it, or to catch up with a friend
- Leave a sticky note for someone telling them how awesome they are
- Leave a sticky note in a public place telling them they are beautiful just the way they are (I love that one!)