When I arrived home from California I had a package waiting for me!!!! A bag of chia seeds! I had won a giveaway over at chocolatecoveredkatie from Health Warrior! Thank you Katie & the team over at Health Warrior! I’m ♥LOVING this!!!
This bag has so many nutrients packed into this 16 oz bag, just check out the front:
- Omega 3s of 10lbs of Salmon
- Magnesium of 15 lbs of Broccoli
- Antioxidants of 2 lbs of Blueberries
- Calcium of 4 lbs of 1% milk
- Fiber of 4 lbs of Oatmeal
- Protein of 3 lbs of Tofu
This is one powerful bag if you ask me!!!!
I also got this little package inside… hmmmm.
They were a quick little health snack that I just couldn’t say no to! … They sent me two of them and it just simply wasn’t enough, so I decided I HAD to make my own! 🙂
Inside of my mini food processor I added:
- 2/3 of a small banana (I wanted to add volume without a huge amount of calories…)
- 2 tbsp of dark chocolate cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp of peanut butter
- 1/4 c oats + 1 cup of puffed cereal (more volume again….)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp of chia seeds (could add a lot more next time)
I combined all of the ingredients in my food processor to make a cookie dough like consistancy- probably a little wetter than cookie dough actually. Then I did what I always do at Spinach and Sprinkles and formed them into little balls for easy go-to snack or to pair with a meal to boost my nutrient intake.
They are pretty chocolate packed and delicious plus I got a lot of chia seeds in there! Goood Stuff in my book!
I contemplated not giving you my recipe at all and just showing you the ingredients that were on the package. Here is what is in their Chia Bar:
- Chia seeds,oats, brown rice syrup, organic peanut butter, organic whole grain brown rice crisps, agave syrup, brown rice syrup solids, Natural peanut extract, cocoa powder, peanut flour, vanilla extract, & sea salt!
… I encourage you to do your own thing. I just ate something I liked and tried to create somehting that would work for me! You should do the same! …My recipe was NOT by any means perfect, it has a looooong way to go but I like that I’m getting a dose of healthy with each little ball I eat!
Question: What is your favorite way to chia?!? -or- Have you ever tired them?!?
–I have a whole lot of them to eat now and would *LOVE* new ideas! 🙂 Happy Wednesady!
Also, I thank you all a million times over for your encouraging words and support yesterday! God has helped my heart quite a bit and made me accept that I will encounter people who condem me even when I’ve done the right thing. I’m sure this isn’t over but I feel so much stronger today. Your support and words meant the world to me. THANK YOU! ♥