I don’t know if you have yet to be informed; but, March is just around the corner. This means many things for me but the first one up to bat is that I have to bring something to help celebrate March birthdays at school. I have expressed my issues with the teachers lounge before. I will wow them with this healthy dish! I just know it! I’m brining this. To me:
March = Mint
I love all things mint. In fact, when I was little I would go with my dad to Dairy Queen in a nearby town and get a ‘Mint Sunday- Julie style’. My dad was friends with the owner so they made it just for me, I was the only one to get it. Spoiled with mint, I know. Well, they would give me a vanilla dish and cover it with the mint sauce that they would put into a mint oreo blizzard- cover the ice cream with about 6 X as much as they would put in a blizzard. It was heavenly.
I have also been bombarded with the sight of these things!
I have done a pretty good job of staying away and just sticking them in the freezer till the day comes when my cravings are just too much! I made something that is just as good, except for it’s guilt free! I was inspired by a Chocolate Covered Katie recipe and then went out on my own to create this wonderful creation!
Healthy Grasshopper Pie
- 1 can of rinsed white beans
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 T cream cheese (I used fat free)
- 1 T coconut oil
- 2 T cocoa powder
- shy 1 tsp mint extract (You can always add more but you can’t take it out! Make sure it isn’t peppermint!)
- 1/4 tsp heaping baking soda
- 1 tsp heaping baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 c. sugar sub of your choice (I used Stevia drops and some Stevia till I thought it was sweet enough to be a dessert, I didn’t make mine super sweet- I used about 1/4 c. of sugar plus drops)
- 1 tsp Xantham Gum
- Mint Chocolate Chips (or regular would work too) for sprinkling
Rinse and drain white beans. Then add all of the ingredients except for the Xantham gum and chocolate chips into the food processer. Process all of the ingredients until they are very well mixed. Then add Xantham gum for thickening. Then, fold in the amount of chocolate chips you find to be perfect! Place in greaced pan– I used a loaf pan– Bake in 350° oven for 30-40 minutes. Let set for about 10 minutes before digging in, that is if you can resist!😉 Enjoy!