Hello, friends! ….Friday was an exciting day for this girl! I got to see my best friend from college! It was bliss! I hadn’t seen her since New Years. …..The fun part- we are both expecting and haven’t seen each other’s bump yet. It was crazy to see her beautiful baby bump and to show my best friend my growing lump! 🙂
Well, after some catching up- we went to lunch at Subway because it would be quick. We got our sandwiches and then she insisted that I grab a bag of chips- because she had paid for them already. Such a turd….. I grabbed some baked chips and then decided that they wouldn’t cut it and finally settled on some Sun Chips. Growing up, I thought those were the healthy chip! ….So, we sat down and I do what Julie does— I flip the package and check out the nutrition stats. ugh. Not what I was expecting.
All I wanted was a bag of “The Better Chip”. Seriously.
A couple of weeks ago, I was gifted with box that had four different flavors of the chips and have been spending time eating my way through the different flavors. Luckily, they gave me two bags of each so that I could save my favorite flavor for last. Plus, they included a cute little t-shirt and hat! Just check those out! Alhough, I do wonder where this pregnant woman will be able to wear a t-shirt that says “Lip Burner”. Any suggestions?
The Good, The Bad, The Ugly of “The Better Chip”
- Each flavor is delicious! Jam packed with flavor! JAM PACKED!
- The Red Pepper: my FAVORITE! This chip tastes like you dipped a chip into some amazing salsa with tons of red pepper notes to make your tonge super happy!
- Jalapeno: Subtle heat on some chips and more intense TRUE jalapeno flavor! It didn’t taste fake or processed, just delicious!
- Sweet Onion: Another super flavorful chip! More true onion flavor than most chips- I loved it. The subtle sweet flavor was perfect for this pregnant woman’s chip cravings!
- Corn: a pretty basic chip… Nothing wrong with that!
- The serving size is PERFECT! Racking in at 130 calories/bag.
- My FAVORITE PART- They are ‘substantial’.
- Meaning, you can tell you are actually eating something! 🙂
- Real food
- Crunch factor: AMAZING!
- Super simple ingredient list! I love it! -just check out those ingredients in the Jalapeno chips!
The amazingness continues…
- The chips are made from whole grain corn masa.
- Each chip is composed of 40% fresh veggies.
- The Better Chip is a gluten free product.
- The chips are made using 100% natural ingredients.
I’m pretty sure that I need to contact Subway ASAP to tell them to pick up “The Better Chip”. I’m not even kidding. I just loved the flavor, serving size, ingredient list, and pretty much everything about this chip. For a girl that doesn’t eat chips very much, I could see myself actually buying a big bag of these— that is TRULY saying something. Thank you, “The Better Chip”!
QUESTION: What is your favorite chip? -and- Suggestions on where to wear my cute lil Lip Burner t-shirt?
Disclaimer: I was provided this product free of charge, however all thoughts & opinions expressed are my own- I wouldn’t lie to you- EVER!