In the words of Junie B. Jones, “Wowie! Wow! WOW!” Things are groovin’ around here! This is going to be a catch up dump post. You’re excited, aren’t you?!
1. God is gooooood! Life is full of ups and downs. Every single day, I can see both sides; but the thought of eternity makes the downs blur away and makes the ups seem that much sweeter. The ups are just a taste of the goodness there is on the other side. Last month, one of our family friends lost their 15 year old son and we are all trying to focus on the sweetness that eternity brings, not the heartache that this life can force us to endure.
2. Thanksgiving was wonderful. The bad news is that it just gave me the taste of the awesomeness that is the holiday season (and breaks away from school!)! Let me hear a “Ohhhh Yah!” for the winter break coming up!
3. Football. The husband’s high school football team made it to the state championship so football season juuuuust ended around these parts. Film watching has come to a halt and the days of cheering in the freeeeeezing cold has come to an end. It is absolutely crazy for the baby and his mommy to have daddy home. Wowie, wow, wow!
4. How is it December the 6th?! I have to admit, it has seemed like much of the year has went at a snail’s pace while I’m in the midst of things. However, when I look back, the majority of the year flown by!
That’s life though, right?!
5. I need to jump on the whole Christmas card bandwagon; considering it is the 6th of all. Yet, if I were being honest with myself I should go ahead and put hearts on them and send them out for Valentine’s Day, that seems like an attainable goal.
6. My first graders are completing “Christmas Around the World”. It has been a whole lot of fun! I simply can’t wait to teach it next year and fix all of my mistakes. Ugh. I just want to teach the same grade twice….. next year my friends, next year.
Also, I happened to have bought 4 different units on TPT to help me teach this unit. I think I should just make my own!
7. Jackson slept well last night! Woo- Hoo! Some night sleep is great! Others, it the exact opposite of great.
8. I could talk about the awesomeness of Christmas and pandora Christmas music all day long. …… add hot chocolate and I’m all set!
9. All the news of South Africa makes me think that I never shared a small detail about myself connecting to that country. My first kiss was with a boy from South Africa—– I had to go to a different continent, half way around the world, to find a boy that was willing to kiss me! HA! ……That being said, I have a great heart for their country and hope their week of mourning is all that history deserves.
10. I am running out of motivation to cook. I get home between 4:30-5:00 and needing to get supper on the table by 6 o’clock is SUPER hard for me. I need a cook. Anyone want to move in and cook for a family of three?! Pretty please. Thankyouverymuch!
Hope you are all having a wonderful December! I send you much love! XO! -Julie